Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My parents moved from PA to GA last year to live near me. They lived in a 100 year old farm house. Last year I realized Dad had been storing old windows in the pump house. They have the perfect amount of weathered cracked paint on them. Well after some begging they agreed to let me pack a few of them to bring here. I knew I would want to eventually do something with them.

We have this area between our kitchen and near the kitchen bay window. It's a little desk nook. After living here for almost 6 years I figured out what I wanted to do with this area. With the help from my wonderful and talented husband we took a trip to the home improvement store. We picked out some wood for the shelve and trim for the front of the shelf so it would match my mantel. Then  I picked out the corbels. That was the most expensive pieces in this project. I thought I waited this long. Might as well get what I want...LOL.

Then I walked around the house to find the right nicknacks to put on my shelf. Everything on the shelf is what I already had except the candles.

The black and white pictures are very special to me. They are pictures of my Mom and I. She told me I had just woke up from a nap and went to sit outside on the front porch. My Dad had taken the picture of me. The one on the right has been his favorite all these years. A couple years ago I had a bigger one framed for him.

I have been collecting aluminum trays and differ things I find when I go antiquing. The pitcher and bell are a couple favorite pieces of mine.

2 comments:

  1. Great storytelling, Carlotta. The personal touches, like the story behind your photo are what make a blog more personal and compelling to read.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little nook area! And I love the story about the windows and pictures! Great job!

    ReplyDelete